Five percent (5%) rate increase for continuing providers July 1, 2014  Rate Increase Details


Appears some Minnesota Counties are requiring providers for AFC Elderly Waiver (203A) licenses to also hold a 245D license.

If you are aware of your County doing the same please let me know.


Not everyone who has a 245A license is required to obtain a 245D-HCBS license as in the following situations

(but not limited solely thereto):

Situation 1) You are a provider of “foster care services” that are not funded by one of the disability waivers (BI, CAC,

or CADI). This applies even if you receive a difficulty of care rate in addition to GRH payments.

Note: A provider is required to obtain the 245D-HCBS program license if the foster care services are funded by one of the

disability waivers.  This requirement applies whether the provider operates a “family” or a “corporate” foster care site.

Situation 2) Foster care services for persons age 65 or older under the Elderly Waiver (EW) or the Alternative Care

(AC) programs.

Noske Law Firm is available to assist you.

This Blog is not intended to nor does it provide the viewer legal advice.

More Posts

Joseph Mckiernan

I found myself in a Very difficult legal situation and I feel fortunate to have had James Noske as my legal counsel. The contest against

Evelyn McAdams

Mr. Noske comes highly recommended due to the legal representation he gave to my family. We were involved with an extended interaction with my homeowner’s

Bridget Nickelson

We want to thank James Noske for your continued legal assistance in the Adult Foster Care Field. We feel we have been challenged more than

Anita Wentworth

James was not at the beginning of our fight, but I do believe if he was, it wouldn’t have gone so far in the wrong